Saturday, May 24, 2014

Give me an editor

Someone please apply as an editor. You can apply at:
Editors: As is usually put by many in the fansubbing community, editors take the Engrish from the TL script and mold it into English. These guys handle all rewordings of dialogue as needed, including grammar and spelling corrections, dialogue pacing in text, and characterization of dialogue (e.g. giving a rough edge in the subs to characters). Depending on the group, the editing phase can occur before or after the timing phase. Should have experience as this is not something that can be taught.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Modern technologies rot my offline skills.

      Delete
  2. Used to qc/edit a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Brings back memories. But I'd rather learn some grammar before I go back since society's writing ability rots my Hungarian. (People demogrify it to a level where I have to remember whether I'm reading Hungarian or English. Those calques are worse than Engrish. (TL note: Engrish means English worsened by East Asian influence.))

      Delete
  3. I would've loved to do it, but, alas, school takes up all of my free time.

    AnimeSuki has a great recruiting section

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such is the life of those who don't even have time for Osu. I suggest you learn Toki Pona this weekend -- it only has ~123 words so it won't take much time and the benefits are such that you should give it a try by all means (advantage/disadvantage ratio is high).

      AnimeSuki's recruiting section is the reason a project I worked on was dropped.

      Delete
  4. What's the general job of an editor btw?

    ReplyDelete